The Web Designer is responsible for the creative and functional design and day-to-day management of specified brand websites. This includes website, content and promotional design plus coordination with other designers, developers, systems, and other internal teams. This role calls for individual talent and strong initiative, combined with a team-oriented approach. The qualified applicant should have a great eye for design with strong typography and layout skills. This position participates in interactive strategy discussions, needs little supervision and inspires others to excel. Works with team members to coordinate web projects and follow-up on work to ensure deadlines are met. Takes ownership and communicates well with team and stakeholders regarding status of projects.
• Establishes and maintains top-quality work that strongly supports specific brand identities, tone and imagery.
• Must be able to work independently and in group settings.
• Needs to be detail oriented and flexible with revisions as strategy direction changes throughout the course of a project.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Works with other creative team members to incorporate other brand assets and imagery for consistent multi-channel branding.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• 3-5+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of successful projects.
• Good working knowledge of HTML & CSS.
• Ability to articulate and present creative ideas, both to teams and clients.
• Communicate effectively both spoken and written
• Understand the strengths and limitations of current and emerging platforms.
• Ability to think creatively innovating new web solutions for desktop and mobile.
• Experience designing for Adobe Experience Manager or other Content Management Systems
• Experience with cross-device layouts using responsive design methods.
About Bass Pro Shops/White River Marine Group
Spanning destination retail, boat manufacturing and award-winning resorts, Bass Pro Shops is an innovative pioneer in connecting everyone to the great outdoors. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri, today Bass Pro Shops is a leading destination retailer offering outdoor gear and apparel in an immersive setting with more than 100 retail and marine centers that host 120 million people annually. White River Marine Group, part of the Bass Pro family, is the largest manufacturer of boats in the world by volume offering an unsurpassed collection of industry-leading boat brands including TRACKER®, SUN TRACKER®, NITRO®, TAHOE®, REGENCY®, MAKO®, RANGER®, TRITON®, STRATOS® and ASCEND®. The company also operates Big Cedar Lodge – America’s Premier Wilderness Resort, along with other restaurants, nature-based attractions and resort destinations.
Under the visionary conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is committed to inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. The company is known as a national leader in protecting habitat and connecting families to the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as “one of America’s Best Employers.”