We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
Reporting to the Manager, User Experience Design, the UI/Web Designer will be responsible for brainstorming, conceptualizing, designing and producing visuals for websites and web applications. This role requires a hands-on energetic visual expert that has an eye for detail. The right person has a deep knowledge of the latest trends in digital design, user-centered design, has experience working with master brand and possesses a breakthrough portfolio of work. This UI/Web Designer serves as a team resource for consistent application of the brand and identity platform, shares strategic growth goals with the Integrated Marketing team, ensures Mercy Values are reflected in all aspects of the departments operations and performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
High Level Job Requirements:
• Proficiency of Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, xD and Illustrator. The ability to read and understand UX architecture documents.
• Portfolio demonstrating a range of work including; interface, digital advertising, responsive and web design.
• Ability to embrace the fluidity of the health care industry and the many changes likely to occur in the coming years, acknowledging that ministry needs will require role variation for all. Our entire department will be required to accept change and to lead through it.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to develop and execute the blueprints for a user’s experience (wireframes, user interface standards, interaction models and navigation styles).
• Must be able to identify and document features and behaviors, then help communicate and collaborate with projects teams that include product mangers, stakeholders, strategists, user experience, creatives, technology and QA teams.
• Must be able to thrive in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects.
• Must be able to follow direction and handle corrections quickly and efficiently.
• Must possess extremely meticulous attention to detail.
• Assist in performing all user interface design for Mercy’s digital assets; including Mercy’s internal intranet sites, Internet sites, personal health record application, and mobile applications.
• Maintains the integrity of the brand identity program.
• Maintains knowledge of current web-design software and hardware.
• Some travel may be required.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, graphic design certificate or equivalent work experience.
• 3-5+ years of Web Design experience using common Web design tools and programs.
• Excellent visual and communication skills.
• Ability in developing and illustrating storyboards.
• Experience in a user-centric design environment and rich visual experiences.
• Knowledgeable in developing visual standards and best practices for a web project.
• Passionate about ability to apply user-centric visual designs.
• Expert in typography, color and layout principles.
• Must show examples of work and be prepared to talk about specific experiences.
• Must be a good troubleshooter and always willing to learn.
• Proficiency of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Web Design/Layout required.
• Exposure to UX software like Adobe xD, Sketch, Proto.io, Balsamiq a plus.
• Experience with HTML, video, content management systems and copy-editing a plus.
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently when necessary.
• Must be able to communicate ideas from rough sketches all the way to finished projects in a range of media.
• Excellent design skills are a must.
• Must be able to communicate clearly and in writing.
• Must have strong sense of corporate brand and visual identity.
• Must exhibit a can-do, problem-solving attitude and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressured, evolving environment. Displays creativity, flexibility, risk-taking, teamwork and dependability.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Possess a high degree of integrity and moral character.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.