Senior Art Director
As the Senior Art Director at MediaCross, you will be responsible for curating and maintaining holistic, user-, business-, and technology-appropriate print and digital marketing experiences. You will play a critical role on accounts, guiding both clients and internal teams. You will oversee multiple projects at once, inspire and help manage each project team and be a key contributor to pitches.
We’re looking for someone with a great attitude who is obsessed with print and digital design trends. You will lead cross-functional teams, with demonstrable skill in multiple disciplines, including Branding, Content Strategy, and Visual Design for print and digital assets.
You will employ these skills in the creation of engaging print and digital marketing experiences that drive value for our clients and their customers. You will collaborate with strategists, data analysts, designers, and technologists to develop blockbuster creative solutions.
What You’ll Do
• Consult with internal teams and clients to develop impactful creative products
• Forecast and delegate design tasks
• Plan and guide creative production with cross-functional team members
• Leverage research to guide and rationalize design decisions
• Identify the latest design trends and utilize them across your teams’ projects
• Facilitate team brainstorming and ideation sessions
• Conduct stock photo and video research and any necessary editing and retouching
• Provide artistic direction and management to photographers and videographers
• Create sketches, wireframes, storyboards, and full creative mock-ups as needed
• Prepare and optimize final artwork for print and digital production
• Develop dynamic presentations that articulate your proposed design solutions and their value
• Serve as a mentor to your team members
• Contribute to new business pitches
• Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
• 6+ years of design and art direction experience
• 2+ years leadership and management experience
• Strong portfolio that demonstrates strong conceptual abilities and excellent print and digital design skills
• Experience in effectively developing and translating a brand across multiple forms of media
• A solid understanding of design, typography and current trends
• Knowledge of the print production process and techniques; experience working with print production vendors and packaging files for production
• Ability to take criticism from clients and team members
• Demonstrated ability to manage challenging situations, both internally and with the client
• Designing for and/or experience working with higher education clientele a plus
• Family-style, small office environment
• Dog-friendly office
• Competitive salary
• Monthly phone reimbursement
• Employer-provided medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance and short-term and long-term disability
• FSA plan
• 401(k) plan
• Competitive Paid Time Off
• Volunteer Time Off
• Paid holidays
MediaCross is a full-service agency based in St. Louis, specializing in branding, marketing, and software development. Our foundation is built upon a solid niche within the federal recruitment marketing and business-to-business industries. Four years ago, MediaCross entered the higher education vertical armed with almost 30 years of problem solving, ready to bring fresh, new ideas to the industry.
Since then, our staff has successfully created, implemented, and managed programs for more than 30 higher education clients that range from market research, to comprehensive enrollment campaign concepting, to publication design, to multi-tactic digital marketing campaigns. Our software teams maintain several proprietary software applications in support of the program specific needs of higher-education, the US government, and the modern enterprise.