Senior Account Executive
THE SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE works as part of the client service team to manage all projects for assigned clients, to strategically guide and delight those clients as well as manage their day-to-day work. We are looking for someone who can impress us with your ability to keep projects moving, to lead the agency team to drive successful projects and to blaze fearlessly through all types of marketing projects. This position has a digital focus, so you would manage SEO/SEM campaigns for clients, which includes pay-per-click, remarketing, link building, and website optimization. You will manage other communications and marketing projects as well, so it is preferred for you to have a strong knowledge base in managing marketing and communications efforts such as website redesigns, public relations programs (such as earned media, speaking, awards), trade show marketing and new brand launches. You will be involved in everything from new business meetings and pitches to project completion, responsible for initiating proposals, creative briefs and project plans, then guiding the project through development and creative. You are the liaison between the client and the agency team as well as manager of vendors, outside partners and contributors. A creative and effective problem-solver on a day-to-day basis, you are adept at communicating, connecting with people, anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities.
The sr. account executive requires superior communications and project management skills. You must be a conscientious team player, an adept marketer and a good organizer. An independent thinker, driven, energetic, and enthusiastic, you take initiative and manage others to complete their best work.
* Competitive salary and benefits.
* A collaborative and casual work environment.
* The opportunity to work with seasoned marketers across all specialties.
Reports to the Managing Director.
• Acts as the primary client contact for assigned projects, developing relationships with clients and working closely with them to learn their business and communication needs.
• Works with the partner and account team supervisor to drive long-term account planning, growth and success.
• Always looks for ways to add value to client relationships.
• Works closely with all agency department staff to develop and implement strategic marketing plans and projects.
• Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel.
• Provides creative, production, media, public relations and interactive department personnel with well-documented input, support data and production materials as required; ensures that advertising strategies are clearly defined, approved by clients, and understood by the creative and media groups.
• Implements, executes and maintains project schedules that identify key milestones, project dependencies, and project resources required to bring programs to life on time and on (or under) budget.
• Acts as the bridge between strategy/research and creative, crafting creative briefs to serve as guide for all creative projects.
• Manages internal and external creative resources and vendors.
• Oversees day-to-day internal communications regarding project status and communicates to internal stakeholders as necessary.
• Assists in developing and managing project estimates and job costing.
• Seeks out new business opportunities with new and existing clients and plays a supportive role in their development.
• Handles monthly billing and reconciliation of all projects for assigned clients; maintains ongoing accounting status reports for clients for budget updates.
• Fosters development of junior staff where appropriate.
• Lives the Spoke values – Be Real, Be Accountable, Be Curious, Be Original, Be Engaged, Be Family.
• Represents the agency at various events, promoting us at every opportunity.
• Previous agency experience in account management with a digital focus. 5+ years of agency experience or equivalent experience servicing internal clients on the creative side.
• 3+ years experience with marketing planning, tactics, and execution.
• An established track record for overseeing and delivering multiple projects to perfection simultaneously.
• Experience managing a variety of client businesses, including large accounts as well as local/regional organizations.
• Possess a solid understanding of the creative design and development process and materials trafficking process.
• Knowledge of project management tools/methodologies and a proven ability to prioritize, multitask and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fun, fast-paced environment.
• Understanding of marketing fundamentals such as strategy, advertising and media terms, brand positioning and brand identity. You love all things digital and emerging web-based technologies.
• Understand search engine optimization, pay-per-click, social media, and other digital tactics.
• Are proud of and prepared to show examples of projects and/or previous work you’ve done.
• Believe there is always a solution.
• Strong Internet and Apple computer skills with a comfort and familiarity of working and operating in today’s cloud environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or related field preferred.
• Experience with technology, healthcare and/or manufacturing companies a plus.
Spoke Marketing focuses on growing businesses and providing them with full-service marketing with a laser focus on finding their fastest path to cash. We combine strategy with WOW creative. Every member of our team has extensive experience in agency and client-side sales and marketing. We are nimble, responsive, and efficient. If you want to work in a fun, energetic, creative environment alongside passionate, drama-free teammates, drop us a line.