Senior Account Executive
SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
DEPARTMENT: ACCOUNT SERVICE
The Senior Account Executive (SAE) is responsible for daily contact with one or more agency clients and oversees multiple projects from inception to completion. The SAE plans, coordinates and manages programs, projects and assignments directly or through subordinates. The SAE will interface with all agency departments in order to move projects through the strategic and creative development/execution process. Usually, the SAE will oversee and mentor more junior team members (Account Executives, Associate Account Executives and Account Coordinators). The SAE leads the process of gathering client input, industry data, etc. to fuel the strategic and creative process. Reporting to an Account Director or an Associate Account Director, the Senior Account Executive is responsible for identifying opportunities for the agency team to gain new business from existing clients.
Location: St. Louis, MO
Expected travel: Ten percent of the time or less
Reports to: Account Director or Associate Account Director
Supervises: Supports in supervision of Account Executives, Associate Account Executives and Account Coordinators
• Handles day-to-day activities for assigned clients
• Regularly checks for and responds promptly to all client communications
• Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
• Receives client briefings. Completes (or delegates) Conference Reports/Recaps for all client meetings and distributes to appropriate agency and client personnel.
• Assists in preparing client invoices, proposals, marketing communications and strategic marketing plans as well as media & digital plans
• Review billing prior to release to clients; monitors prompt collection of accounts receivable
• Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
• Ensures team use of agency traffic and workflow systems to facilitate efficient and effective delivery of agency effort.
• Assist senior account management on as-needed basis with new business development, company marketing, product positioning, budgeting and resource management, and sales support.
• Manages the development of a quarterly client business reviews and the development of Account Plan development (bi-annually)
• Participates in the training and development of subordinates + new employees
• Represents 2e at meetings, public appearances, including promoting and enhancing the organization’s image, coordinating effective representation and communication of the 2e brand to all communities, potential partnerships and business channels
• Six plus years of relevant agency or client-side experience (or relevant experience)
• BA required with a preferred concentration in advertising, communications or marketing
• Demonstrated leadership abilities within a team-based environment
• Experience leading the development of integrated marketing plans and programs
• Confident and mature relationship cultivator with adept project management skills
• Experience in similar industry (Pharmaceutical or Medical Device experience is not required but candidate must be familiar with a highly regulated industry)
• Must be able to balance the expectations of clients with the execution of the work
• Ability to manage many different moving parts with a proactive and positive solution-oriented approach
• Must possess a unique desire to learn, be challenged to think strategically, and develop and defend your POV, ability to think on your feet
• Manage account level quarterly business reviews
• Manage annual account planning
2e is the launch and growth agency behind the people and advancements that expand possibilities for human health. After three consecutive MM&M Healthcare Agency of the Year victories, 2e has set its sights on redefining the way pharmaceutical, medical device, and life science brands are shared with the world. Partnering with clients who share this aspiration, 2e is connecting more people with the therapies and technologies that will shape a better future. With offices across the Midwest and California, the agency’s 150-plus employees are advancing industry expectations for branding, marketing strategy, digital engagement, sales training, and more. To learn more, visit http://www.2ecreative.com.