Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations (PR) Manager is a dedicated position supporting the Missouri Division of Tourism (MDT) account. The PR Manager manages relationships with the media community and proactively pitches stories to the media as well as fielding incoming requests for information. The PR Manager should have a broad understanding of the media landscape and the best ways to position information for maximum impact. The role is also responsible for tracking and measuring the success of PR efforts.
The PR Manager contributes to the development and management of the editorial calendar that governs the MDT’s website, blog and social media campaigns. The PR Manager also contributes to the creation of content for those platforms.
The PR Manager stays abreast of the latest developments in public relations generally, and in tourism PR specifically, and is able to present formally and informally on the status of the industry and on active PR campaigns of both MDT and competitors. The PR Manager is also responsible for documenting results, policies, procedures and best practices.
The PR Manager reports to the Account Director for the Missouri Division of Tourism and the agency’s Director of Public Relations. The position is located in St. Louis.
- Help develop comprehensive public relations strategies based on business goals and objectives
- Proactively identify public relations campaign objectives that complement the larger marketing campaign objectives, and measure success relative to those goals
- Develop recommendations for messaging, communications release schedules and media monitoring plans
- Oversee public relations campaign reporting, including alerting stakeholders about any perceived shifts in conversation
- Pitch stories and respond to incoming media requests
- Maintain strong relationships with media
- Identify third-party experts and spokespeople for PR efforts
- Identify press tour opportunities and potential partnerships
- Identify, evaluate and manage “influencers” who can contribute to MDT’s overall marketing efforts
- Develop and help execute media missions and media events
- Coordinate public relations efforts at tradeshows
- Manage vendor engagement, including media clipping and reporting services/contracts
- Manage a tourism-specific media database
- Create and distribute press kits and supporting materials, and supply media with photo and video assets
- Stay abreast of industry trends, best practices, and other information beneficial to clients and colleagues, and report on these as needed
- Research and evaluate competitive PR campaigns
- Solid understanding of traditional PR and marketing strategies, goals and objectives, and how they align with public relations strategies
- Solid media relations experience, including pitching and satisfying requests and identifying story angles
- Experience in managing a broad range of PR campaigns, including branding, that have a variety of budgets and schedules
- Knowledge of digital marketing and PR, specifically in influencer marketing and in digital platforms and outlets
- Active network of professional connections with journalists and media outlets
- Curious and creative mind
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solution-oriented, highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data into actionable information and insights
- Ability to anticipate and prevent problems and present solutions
- Ability to handle multiple project assignments under tight deadlines and see a project through with minimal guidance
- Experience interacting with diverse personalities in a fast-paced creative environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3–5 years of continuous professional PR experience
H&L Partners is a full-service, integrated agency made up of diverse, collaborative, multitalented individuals with experience in all areas of marketing communications. H&L Partners is based in Oakland, with offices in St. Louis, Phoenix, Chicago, Charlotte, Atlanta, and Miami.
To learn more about us, visit www.handlpartners.com.
How To Apply
Fine Print (dang lawyers)
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: Client Accountant, St. Louis.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to provide an individual response to every candidate.