Proofreader / Copy Editor
What the job is:
The Proofreader/Copy Editor is responsible for examining, inspecting, and proofreading work to ensuring that We Are Alexander’s “Zero Defect” policy is manifested in the quality results we deliver to all of our clients. Daily goals are to provide quality inspection and thorough examination of work to ensure all client deliverables are met. Long-term goals consist of continued learning and self-improvement to achieve the goal of “Zero Defects”, embracing new technologies and tools that assist with the quality inspection process.
Who you are:
– Down to earth with a passion for what you do.
– Willing to get your hands dirty, jump in, and get the work done.
– You are well organized and are a stickler for keeping projects on track.
– You are a trusted self-starter with the self-discipline to stay focused in a work environment where you are the sole source accountable for deliverables and tasks at hand.
– You take pleasure in the details and possess the ability to multi-task.
– You are a problem solver when presented with a difficult situation, while keeping a calm perspective.
– When all is said and done, you are someone your clients and colleagues respect because of the person you are and the work you do.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
– Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Science for Pharma/Medical work or related field
– Telecommutes and accesses workflows through an online system, for which is needed Internet access and the ability to review and annotate Acrobat PDF documents, using the full version of Adobe Acrobat.
– Review workflows written by key account managers working onsite within Pharmaceutical companies and will contain descriptions of activities to be carried out on either print or digital collateral, such as: brochures, flashcards, ads, banner ads, emails and websites.
– Review MS Office files such as Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
– Ensure directions requested have been carried out by the designer, and may include issues of grammar, spelling, punctuation, AMA style adherence, brand style guidance, fact checking and referencing.
– Follow Proofreading standard operating procedures and utilize comparator software where applicable.
– Daily communication with the Proofreading Lead and On-site Client Managers/Coordinators if on-time delivery may be in jeopardy of being achieved or when errors are found that require client resolution.
– Perform any other duties as requested by the Proofreading Lead or On-site Manager.
– The successful candidate can cope under pressure, while still being meticulous and detailed-oriented, and has the ability to be editorially resolute, yet diplomatic, in interactions with other team members.
– 3 – 5+ years’ experience in pharmaceutical ad agency environment.
– Knowledge of AMA style, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite General – Knowledge of the printing industry and print specifications.
– Knowledge of typography is a valued asset.
Who we are:
At We Are Alexander, we are redefining the role of a marketing partner by providing our clients with a complete concept-to-consumer marketing solution.
We work on some of the world’s most iconic brands for industry-leading Fortune 50 clients in many consumer product categories.
We are a worldwide organization with a team of more than 300 exceptionally talented associates, with key offices located in London, New York, Plano and St. Louis.