THE MEDIA DIRECTOR/MANAGER is responsible for the philosophy and planning of the use of media, for the selection of specific media, and for ordering space and time.
The media director needs to be well-versed in all types of media, and must stay current with rapidly proliferating new media options. The media director ensures that the media staff maintains appropriate skill levels in media-related computer software, and authorizes related training and equipment purchases as deemed necessary.
The media director is also responsible for research and marketing. The media director does media, industry or company research so that the agency can construct an accurate strategic advertising and marketing plan for the client.
The media director is responsible for maintaining a library of media kits and periodicals for the industries or to the target markets that the agency serves.
Reports to the president.
Manage other media personnel
• Supervises all media personnel in conduct of their assigned duties.
• Interfaces with other agency department heads/client service teams to keep projects moving forward on a timely basis.
• Working with the creative team, insures use of the most appropriate, effective media venues for each client/project.
• Prepares media plans based on briefings from account executives.
• Prepares media schedules and keeps schedules up to date.
• Prepares media cost estimates and revises as required when publication rates change.
• Books media space and issues insertion orders, insertion cancellations and media change requests.
• Coordinates with production manager to ensure publication material deadlines are met.
• Reviews tear sheets to determine if publications have run correct size, position, color, etc.
• Approves media invoices and settles billing discrepancies with publications.
• Maintains digital and/or hard copy media reference files (Canadian, U.S., international).
• Maintains contact with media advertising representatives.
• Maintains current working knowledge of programs and software, ensuring entire media department as well as individual staff members remain on the leading edge of essential technology and skills.
• Authorizes hardware and software purchases and notifies the controller/business manager.
• Authorizes skills training for media team.
• Serves on agency management committee.
Stealth Creative is an award-winning, full-service advertising agency located in St. Louis, MO.