The NBM Marketing Specialist is responsible for implementing and managing the Museum brand initiatives, printing the majority of products required by Museum staff and partners. The specialist will be editing the Museum website and producing a wide range of digital products used for both marketing and promotional purposes.
The Marketing Specialist will assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans for a variety of areas including museum membership, development, field trips special events, educational programs, and live concerts. Assist with community event promotions by completing organizational tasks and gathering marketing materials for events and occasionally working events or programs.
The candidate must be reliable, independent, highly organized, and attentive to detail with excellent writing and computer skills. Must be able to meet deadlines and have a knowledge of a wide array of music genres and corresponding demographics.
• College graduate in Marketing, Business, or related field. Equivalent work experience accepted.
• Mastery skills in Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for focused social media campaigns.
• Experience relevant to targeted marketing campaigns
• Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite savvy
• Create in-house mailings, signage, flyers, and guides
• Be able to write good fluff, dynamic copy and effective press releases
• Have a passion for music, a fan of the industry and/or a willingness to learn
• Be self-confident and be able to handle yourself professionally
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
• The minimum time commitment is three days per week, to be spent across a minimum of 24 hours per week.
• Event support will be in addition to and as needed. Ability to work at least 1 day every weekend.
• Requires image and video editing skills.
The National Blues Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applicants of all ages, experiences, and backgrounds to apply for open positions.
The National Blues Museum explores and preserves the historic significance of the Blues as the foundation of American music, celebrates the genre’s various styles and recognizes the musicians who created, sustain, and continue to advance the art form.
A US 501(c)(3), the National Blues Museum is the only museum dedicated exclusively to preserving and honoring the national and international story of the Blues and its impact on American culture in the United States.
How To Apply
Fine Print (dang lawyers)
NBM does not discriminate on the basis an applicant’s age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance.