Intermediate Front-End Developer
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Front-End Developer.
The ideal candidate will be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming by translating UI/UX wireframes and creative mockups into new websites, landing pages and other website enhancements. The candidate must also be collaborative, clear in their delivery and comfortable with ambiguity.
The candidate should be comfortable advising senior leadership on new business opportunities, enabling creativity in estimating agency costs and creating best-in-class digital solutions. They should also be comfortable taking a leadership role, advising the brand, creative and digital teams.
– Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Web Design and Development, or a related field
– 3+ years of experience
– Experience with WordPress and related plugins
– A passion for learning and using the latest in front-end technologies and frameworks
– Experience with responsive and adaptive design is strongly preferred
– An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development, and deployment
– The ability and desire to work on a variety of different projects, often all in one day
– Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, Google Tag Assistant, etc.
– Experience with GitHub or other source control systems
– Working knowledge of Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
– Firm grasp of SEO, SEM, social media, and other web marketing techniques
– Understanding of PHP back-end development
– Proficiency in a server-side language such as PHP or C#, as well as RDBMS familiarity, preferably with MySQL
– Experience with Drupal, BigCommerce, WooCommerce or another CMS/Ecommerce Platform. Bonus points if you’ve extended a CMS via theme or plugin development.
– Experience with Conversion Rate Optimization/Personalization platforms like Visual Website Optimizer, Optimizely, Google Optimize etc.
– Strong graphic and/or web design skills, including familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and responsive web design
General Job Requirements
– Maintain a curious outlook and consistent willingness to learn
– Anticipate and solve problems proactively in a client-centric and team-oriented manner
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Must demonstrate initiative, creativity, flexibility and integrity
– Strong work ethic
– Organized, detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple priorities
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Ability to work independently and with a team
– Express a consistently positive attitude – attempting to amaze and inspire those around you
– Contribute to UPBrand’s unique culture
UPBrand is a results-driven, full-service branding, advertising and digital marketing agency. Put simply, we elevate brands through powerful storytelling and a passion to help brands define and own their authentic position in the marketplace.