Site: South St. Louis City
Reports to: Marketing and Communications Manager
EEOC Class: Professional
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Part-Time
Summary: This position is responsible for developing and executing design, branding, and digital media graphics as directed by the Marketing and Communications Manager and organizational strategic plan. Duties include developing all print and digital graphics to complement communications that support and sustain agency activities and visually represent the FamilyForward brand. Employee must be available to work 16-20 hours per week during core business hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Carries out the vision, mission, and core values of FamilyForward by completing the following functions.
– Adhere to the ethical standards of FamilyForward and those of the specific profession.
– Maintain core values standards.
– Support external and internal communications with print and digital designs for key audiences. Deliverables include publications, campaign appeals, marketing collateral, advertisements, event materials, social media graphics, email blasts, signage, and templates. Create designs that are consumer-focused, clear, and story-driven.
– Design elements of and maintain agency website and staff intranet.
– Maintain agency brand guidelines and ensure standards are met. Provide brand materials to outside parties as requested. Create and maintain templates for agency communications (i.e., letterhead, forms, and presentations).
– Maintain an agency library of graphics and stock photos.
– Keep informed on current design, web, and non-profit development trends.
– Participate in other projects as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree required.
– Minimum three years of professional experience in print and digital graphic design in the field of non-profit communications, public affairs, education, social and human services, or related area.
– Experience with HTML, WordPress, and email marketing programs, as well as familiarity with the use of trending digital media platforms.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
– Print and digital design using a PC or Mac. Advanced knowledge of all Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
– Extraordinary accuracy and attention to detail is of paramount importance.
– Proven ability to work with employees and volunteers at all levels of the organization.
– Proven written, creative, and verbal communications skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
– Knowledge of agency vision, mission, and services.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Excellent spoken and written English.
– Ability to organize and prioritize work.
– Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
– Sensitivity to know when to ask questions and willingness to ask them.
Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. Employee will frequently be required to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary. (Occasionally: 1-33%, Frequently: 34-66%, Continuously: 67-100%)
Visit familyforwardmo.org to learn who we are and how we help.
Vision: FamilyForward leads the community in providing innovative solutions for advancing safer, healthier relationships for children and families.
Mission: FamilyForward moves vulnerable children in the direction of hope by delivering comprehensive therapeutic and educational services to support biological, foster, and adoptive families.
– Out Front: We are leaders in the use of innovative tools and methods to get better results for the children and families we serve. We prefer to set the pace, testing new ideas and collecting data; always striving to make the biggest impact we can.
– Whole Hearted: We are tirelessly committed to the vision and mission of FamilyForward. We use our unique talents and expertise to serve our clients and community with compassion, acceptance, and respect.
– Rock Solid: We are responsible stewards of an organization with a long and proud history of service. Reliable, trustworthy, and hard-working, we do whatever it takes to get the job done, even when no one is watching.