A Copywriter is a creative storyteller who knows the power that well-crafted words can wield. You love to write. You’re good at it. Good enough to get paid for your abilities. But you’re not just a wordsmith, you’re a problem solver. You get as excited about a brand challenge as you do about a killer headline. If this sounds like you, let’s talk.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Tell a compelling story in four words or 4000.
· Ability to write in every medium: digital, social, print, film.
· Work alone or with a team to arrive at solutions.
· Contribute to brainstorms.
· Follow a brief and ensure work is on strategy.
· Have high personal standards; “good enough” isn’t good enough for you.
· Stay on top of industry and cultural trends.
· Be collaborative, flexible and open-minded.
· Contribute to the cultural dynamics of the agency.
· Take the work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously.
· Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study
· 2+ years of experience as a copywriter across multiple brands, categories and channels
· A portfolio with a range of work that shows your strengths and your potential for growth
· Solid writing/spelling/grammatical skills
· Organization, communication and presentation skills
· Critical thinking
· Conceptual (big ideas, not just executions)
· Desire to make a mark on the agency and industry at large
New Honor Society is an award-winning creative boutique that helps clients create greater engagement and advocacy by behaving more like “people.” By putting less sell and more soul at the center of everything, we help brands give people something to buy into, in addition to something to buy. Because brands with soul aren’t just good for the world, they’re good for business, too.