The Accounting Specialist will handle all daily facets of the accounts payable function, as well as accounts receivable and portions of the payroll cycle. Position requires independent thinking, problem-solving and attention to detail. Must have the ability to work under tight timelines and to use good judgment skills.
• Process agency expenses and employee expense reports.
• Review numerical accuracy of expenses.
• Audit and approve agency timesheets.
• Maintain expense/invoice records for the agency.
• Resolve vendor issues and employee expense discrepancies.
• Monitor Accounts Receivable and assist with collections as needed.
• Prepare some general journal entries.
• Support account teams and CFO with monthly and ad hoc client reports.
• Prepare account analysis and ad hoc reports as needed for CFO.
• Prepare and coordinate input of hourly employee data for bi-monthly payroll and reconcile payroll.
• Coordinate with centralized accounting group on various aspects of A/P, A/R and payroll.
• 5+ years of professional experience in accounting
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree
• Prior experience in an advertising agency or professional services organization a plus
• Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
• Microsoft AX experience a plus
• Organized and self-motivated
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Rodgers Townsend is a creative growth agency. We believe creativity is an accelerant for growth and when applied with strategic precision, the most powerful force in business.
So, in every strategy brief lies a Dare.
A what if that invites you to conspire with us — to create work to Delight any and all who meet it in an increasingly shareable world. We promise to challenge what’s expected, demand better than best practice and execute brand-building ideas to supercharge growth.
Since 2006, we’ve been a proud member of DDB and Omnicom.