Are you thrilled by numbers? While others are discussing who is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne do you spend countless hours lining up credits and debits? We’ll be honest, we don’t really understand anyone who loves numbers that much, but we absolutely understand how important they are. You can’t run a business without them. There’s a rumor that there’s an individual who loves numbers AND can name all Seven Kingdoms…but, we’re pretty sure that individual is a myth. Is it you?
We are seeking an enthusiastic and engaged Accounting Assistant to perform a range of general clerical, accounting and bookkeeping duties to support the agency and our accounting department. In addition to supporting the Accounting Manager, the applicant will also provide general office management and coordination that may include running errands for client meetings, office supply shopping & general office upkeep.
• Process accounts payable by reviewing, verifying and processing invoices, coding costs to applicable accounts
• Maintain vendor files and 1099 status
• Process check requests
• Pull billing reports by various agency teams
• Pull, create formulas and format team time reports monthly with accuracy
• Export and distribute monthly credit card expense reports and then code to expense accounts
• Reconcile monthly bank statement and prepare end of month reports
• Assist in all month and year end duties including account reconciliations
• Perform filing and general administrative tasks to support the Accounting Manager and office as a whole
• Preparation of ad-hoc reports as requested by Accounting Manager
• Other projects as necessary or assigned by Accounting Manager
• During downtime, offer assistance to the Account Service team/general office needs
1-2 years of work experience in bookkeeping that includes experience in accounting, billing, AP/AR and data entry experience preferred
• Proficient/hands-on experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, and web based
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proven written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated with both external and internal contacts.
• Solid time management and organizational abilities to manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines with the goal to stay ahead.
• Accurate typing and data entry skills.
• Knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures.
• Skilled math ability and the ability to spot numerical errors.
• Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
• Passion and pride in your work.
Paradowski is a full-service creative agency based in St. Louis, Missouri, with offices in Kansas City and Cologne, Germany. If you dropped by the agency right now, you’d find roughly 70 writers, designers, strategists, producers and developers working on all kinds of amazing stuff. We build brands, campaigns and digital experiences for some of the largest companies on the planet, as well as some of the smallest, not-for-profit organizations. Basically, we do work we believe in for clients we believe in. You can learn more about us at Paradowski.com.