The Account Director is the owner of their portfolio of accounts. As primary client advocate, the AD is responsible for the highest levels of service, communication and financial management. He/she is the voice of the agency to the client, representing CPG’s service offerings, expertise, and point-of-view, at the same time communicating client feedback to internal teams. The AD is the owner of the client relationship, taking responsibility for overall success and identifying opportunities for growth within the relationship.
Strategic thinking, excellent communication skills and initiative are keys to success in this role since it requires managing a portfolio of work and extensive client/team interaction. An understanding of agency offerings, processes and challenges is helpful. Previous high-level customer service experience is a must.
This position requires a blend of the following responsibilities and skills:
• Maintain expert knowledge of the client’s business and objectives
• Navigate complex client organizations
• Manage expectations internally and externally
• Facilitate client meetings as appropriate
• Guide clients through CPG processes, especially staffing, financial, etc.
• Attend onsite functions when possible to continue building client relationships
• Identify problems or concerns and address with clients and/or team members
• Facilitate project debriefs, internally and externally
• Offer high-level support to event and engagement producers as they execute programs and events (attend meetings, review deliverables for accuracy and relevance, assist in securing resources as needed, etc.)
• Work with Leadership Team to assign appropriate team members
• Present work to clients as appropriate
• Analyze project/program effectiveness for continuous learning and improvement
• Manage project profitability
• Review budgets and financial statements
• Identify opportunities for growth and additional projects within existing client relationships
• Partner with the Sales team to sell in additional work
• Review producer’s scope of work and create/deliver resulting contract to client
• Negotiate pricing with clients when necessary
• Create and deliver budget summaries, invoices, change orders, etc.
The core skills, abilities and knowledge key to success in this position include:
• High standards of quality, efficiency and effectiveness (high performance)
• High-level strategic thinking ability
• Experience working on high-profile Fortune 500 global clients preferred
• Proven ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
• Ability to supervise and provide clear direction to project team
• Ability to work well with all levels of internal personnel, outside clients and vendors
• Adaptability, flexibility and problem solving
• Confidence and positivity
• Excellent communication skills (oral and writing)
• Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, under tight deadlines
• Ability to travel and work flexible hours
CPG is an award-winning agency producing major business meetings, experiences and engagement programs for category leading clients around the world. Based in St. Louis, our clients include best-in-class Fortune 500 companies such as Southwest, Ulta Beauty, Sherwin-Williams and Jimmy John’s.
How To Apply
Fine Print (dang lawyers)
No submissions will be considered without a cover letter telling us your favorite junk food. No phone inquiries accepted. Equal Opportunity Employer.