The most talented creatives usually end up as creative directors.
But not every creative director has the emotional intelligence to realize that their creative talent is only half the gig.
The best CDs understand that their job is a big paradox. They have to shape the work without getting so heavy-handed they kill independent thinking and team morale.
They have to maintain a clear, high-level creative vision, without losing attention to the details of execution.
They have to bring out the best in their team, but be willing to hop on the boards and pitch in with ideas, writing or design that is good enough to remind everyone how they became CD in the first place.
They have to know when to kill great ideas that just aren’t right. And they have to know how to nurse frail ideas to health, when those ideas have the potential to be great and right.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
We’re looking for a CD to lead an incredibly talented team of writers, art directors and filmmakers, and help us refine our growing content department.
• Function as group creative director for an 8-person content marketing team
• Lead and mentor writers, art directors and video editors
• Come up with great ideas. Lots of them.
• Get stuff done. A lot of it.
• Work with V.P. of Creative Strategy and account leadership to shape creative approaches to assignments and long-term goals
• Present and sell ideas to clients
• Manage budgets responsibly
• Be a decent person and a trustworthy colleague
• 6 years experience in a professional agency or design studio
• Experience leading integrated marketing projects, including creative strategy development, branding, campaign development, photo and video direction.
• Amazing conceptual and problem-solving skills
• The unflappable ability to process client feedback and come back with something even better
• Good judgment and the ability handle autonomy responsibly
• Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Paradowski is a full-service creative agency based in St. Louis, Missouri. If you dropped by the agency right now, you’d find roughly 70 writers, designers, strategists, producers and developers working on all kinds of amazing stuff. We build brands, campaigns and digital experiences for some of the largest companies on the planet, as well as some of the smallest, not-for-profit organizations. Basically, we do work we believe in for clients we believe in. In 2015 we were named the Fastest Growing Company in St. Louis. You can learn more about our culture, philosophy, clients and work at paradowski.com.