Corporate Business Development Manager
A focused professional who opens doors and paves the path to a successful agency-client relationship. A seeker who creates opportunities and capitalizes upon them. A team builder both internally and externally. An identifier of problems and champion of solutions. A story teller who creates relevance and context around activations and excitement for the many possibilities of partnership. An influencer who can take our message face to face with perspective clients. That’s the Switch Business Development Manager.
Switch seeks a driven business development professional who is both a planner and an activator, employing a defined approach to every opportunity. This team member will lead interdisciplinary agency teams to new business success. This individual will identify prime prospects, create communications plans to cultivate contacts and center in on key opportunities. He or she will be an inspired presenter, rallying excitement around the possibilities of working with the agency and capturing how Switch can assist in achieving KPIs and client objectives. The Switch business development manager will position the agency and client for success.
This individual should:
• Seek opportunities – capitalize upon them and make them realities, grow relationships, lead the team and the agency forward.
• Be accountable – walk the talk, lead by example, create goals and stick to them.
• Be the agency’s biggest cheerleader – both internally and externally, he or she is the member of a team that wins together and faces challenges together. See and bring out the best in the others around you. Pitch in and enjoy.
• Be bold – Trust in your persuasive abilities, knock down doors and get in front of prospects.
• Love to learn – nothing will stop this person’s inquisitive nature. He or she will dive into various categories, industries and products and relish the opportunity to conquer a new opportunity.
• Be an author and storyteller – the business development manager will bring Switch to life for prospects daily via the Switch story with new business presentations and case studies.
• Serve as a steward and evangelist of the agency – believe in Switch, and believe in what we do for our clients.
• Lead with authority – take ownership of your piece of projects and relationships. Mentor junior people around you to be knowledgeable, actionable and accountable. Give them the guidance to win.
• Have fun – experiential is a playground for clients, agencies and target audiences. Show them the value in experience design and activation.
EDUCATION AND SPECIAL SKILLS
• BA/BS/BJ in Communications, Business, Journalism or Marketing
• A collaborative nature as evidenced in experience
• The desire to win and a proven track record of doing so
• Minimum five years’ experience working with clients in the agency environment
• Preferred experience with CRM tool to mine prospects
• Previous experiential experience is preferred
Switch is an independently-held, experiential marketing agency working with companies and brands who share our belief in the power of engagement to drive behavior-changing results. Switch specializes in brand and sponsorship activation programs, field marketing, digital media, consumer and corporate events.
With 130+ full-time employees and 1300+ field marketing advocates across the U.S., Switch boasts 32+ years of proven experience supporting our B-to-B and B-to-C clients face to face, online, at retail and special events including: 5-Hr Energy, Ascension Health, AB-InBev, Catholic Health Association, CHI, ClinicalKey, Coca-Cola, Bosch Tools, Budweiser, Bud Select, Busch, Busch Stadium Special Events, Covidien Health, Elsevier, Essence Healthcare, Farmland Foods, FUZE, Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri, Glaceau, Junior Achievement, Major Brands, Muscle Milk, Natty Light, PetSmart, PowerAde, Primerica, Savvis, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Stereotaxis, Select 55, UnReal Candy, vitaminwater, VHA